West Edmonton Mall case study:
cost recovery billing system A win-win for tenants and landlord.
West Edmonton Mall Challenges:
- Required a system to accurately bill tenants for individual utility consumption
- Required integration with existing property management software
- Needed meter readings to be accurate and less time consuming for quicker bill turnaround
The solution decision:
- Ability to integrate meter data with MRI Software (West Edmonton Mall’s property management software)
- Cost of installation – meters are connected to building management system via power line carrier (vs data lines)
- Ongoing support
About West Edmonton Mall:
West Edmonton Mall is North America’s largest indoor mall and at over 5.3 million square feet, it is the size of a city. Known as one of Canada’s premier destination entertainment and shopping malls with over 800 stores and services, nine attractions, two hotels, 100+ dining venues; serving almost 31 million visitors annually. West Edmonton Mall opened in the early 1980’s and tripled in size by the end of the 90’s. Owned by Triple Five Worldwide Group of Companies, an international developer and operator of real estate and other business interests.