It’s hard to believe that we are celebrating our 25th year in business! What a ride it has been from our founding team of four in Vancouver led by my father Perry Easton to an international company today. In 1994 our company was promoting smart meter systems years before the term was conceived. To know that we have evolved from a four-person team distributing Quadlogic Controls digital watt-hour meters to a multi-utility smart meter systems integrator is quite inspiring. Today we work with our customers to develop a metering plan, procure hardware, provide design and installation services and provide web-based meter data collection and reporting of over 150,000 meter points on a daily basis.
To say that it has been an exciting journey along the way is an understatement. We have grown the business from operating out of a shared office space to an organization of over 60 team members across six offices in Canada and a new office opened in California this year.
Looking back, some of our top highlights include:
- Working with QLC towards their first Measurement Canada Multi-Customer meter approvals in 1996
- Our first Ivanhoe Cambridge shopping centre project: Lansdowne Mall in 1995
- Receiving Measurement Canada Accreditation as an Authorized Meter Service Provider in 2006
- Two of our key team members and longest serving employees Joy Bajcic and Jhon Perez joining our team in 2006
- Michael Easton and Stew Hutton joining the leadership team in 2007
- Dustin Ingram joining the team in 2012 to run the National Oxford Energy Managing Information System project
- The Acquisition of FSI Inc. in 2013 and having Neel Parikh joining our team in 2013
- Opening our Toronto office and meter shop in 2014 with four team members and growing that team to over 25 today
- Introducing GWF water & thermal meters to the Canadian market
- Being listed three times 2016 & 2017 & 2018 by Business in Vancouver as one of the fastest-growing 100 companies in BC.
- Opening a new international office in Palo Alto, California
We would like to thank many of our clients that have worked with QMC over the years, many of the properties we started with in the 90’s are still with us today. Huge thank you and gratitude to Ivanhoe Cambridge, Morguard, GWL, Oxford, Cadillac Fairview, Shape Properties, Bentall, Oakville Hydro, Enercare, Provident, PowerStream Energy Services, Priority, West Edmonton Mall, Fortis, CMHC and so many others.
A special thanks to the manufacturers and suppliers we continue to work with and have contributed to our success: QLC, GWF, Triacta, Badger, Barchard Engineering, Elster, Accuenergy, Obvius, Electro-Meters and Amran.
Of course, none of our success would be possible without the great team at QMC that have worked with us over the years. Without them, we would not be where we are today. I thank you for all your effort, innovation, knowledge and passion you have brought and continue to bring to our amazing workplace over the years.
I’m so proud of what our company has accomplished and can only imagine what the next 25 years will bring!