During the implementation phase, QMC provides electricity, water, thermal and gas meter systems through a total project management approach. New meter systems are supplied and integrated with existing meter systems as well as new or existing automation units and software. When the project is finalized, QMC obtains Measurement Canada accreditation for testing, installation and verification.
seamless project management
QMC has Project Management Professionals (PMPs) on staff to ensure complex projects are completed in a systematic and inclusive manner. Our project managers will facilitate all aspects of the metering project, including:
- Supply of new electrical, water, thermal and gas meter systems
- Integration of existing meters with new meter system
- Integration with new or existing building automation systems or Energy Management Softwares
- Total project management
- Can act as a General Contractor
- Measurement Canada Accredited Meter Testing, Installation & Verification
Integration of Existing Meters
One of the first stages of a meter deployment is conducting an audit of any existing meters, communications infrastructure or reporting software on-site. If any of the existing equipment is operable and well-suited for the property’s current metering needs, QMC will integrate these components with any new equipment.
- Integration of other venders’ sub-metering systems
- Upgrading communications options of older power meters
- Adding pulse outputs to existing water, gas or steam meters
- Connecting new meters to web-based energy management software
INTEGRATION WITH BUILDING AUTOMATION SYSTEMS
For many metering applications, integration with the Building Automation System (BAS) may be the most cost effective way for the property to collect and report meter data. QMC provides many of Canada’s top BAS companies with metering equipment for new construction or renovation projects and assists in the integration of the metering system.
QMC has the equipment and expertise to communicate with any BAS provider, using various protocols, including:
- BACnet IP
- BACnet TCP
- Modbus TCP
- Modbus RTU
- Whether for new construction or for integration with an existing system, QMC assists the BAS contractor by:
- Helping in the design of the meter system
- Specifying correct meter hardware and communications equipment
- Managing and verifying the meter installation
- Working with BAS technicians and engineers on the communications integration
- Validating meter data on BAS
MEASUREMENT CANADA TESTING
QMC is a Measurement Canada accredited meter services provider.
At our Coquitlam and Toronto test labs, we provide Measurement Canada approved meter sealing for our Quadlogic, Triacta, Carlo Gavazzi and Itron lines of meters. Measurement Canada meter testing and sealing is required if meters are to be used for revenue purposes.
QMC also provides 3rd party meter testing services for utilities, property owners and contractors, who need to re-verify or test the accuracy of their existing meters.
Measurement Canada requires that any multi-customer meter system used for billing purposes is inspected to ensure it is installed in accordance with Measurement Canada procedures. The inspection is conducted by an Authorized Representative of Measurement Canada. QMC is an accredited organization authorized by Measurement Canada to perform S-E-04 inspections on Quadlogic Controls and Triacta Power Technologies multi-customer meter systems.
We look forward to assisting you with your metering project.
Need a quote? Call 1-877-358-5155
We look forward to assisting you with your metering project. Please call your local QMC representative or our head office at 1-877-358-5155.
Stay on top of industry trends, ideas and changes. Simply fill out the form and we will stay in touch.