QMC Metering Solutions supplies and integrates several meter technologies to effectively monitor the consumption of electricity, water, gas and thermal energy consumption of commercial and residential properties. We have offices in Coquitlam, Calgary, and Toronto and have a support and distribution network across the country including Edmonton and Montreal.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Meter Technician to join our team servicing our clients by troubleshooting and verifying meter installations. The position is predominately based in the Lower Mainland but will include occasional overnight travel to Vancouver Island, BC interior and Alberta.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, health benefits and education allowance. Great opportunity to join an established company with room to grow!
- Work with electrical contractors to setup, test and verify automated meter reading system installations, both in the field and remotely from our office.
- Program and setup data acquisition servers for new and existing sites.
- Assist in the installation of our Rogers VPN network of cellular IP modems
- Troubleshoot issues related to meter system communications.
- Perform Measurement Canada installation verification
- Create “As-Built” records for installed meter systems.
- Maintain and provide warranty service for existing meter systems.
- Provide technical support to clients and our Meter Reading Service Administrators.
- Ability to travel as required
- Able to work with LAN/WAN networks
- Able to read single line drawings
- Good knowledge of electrical distribution systems
- Competent with standard Electricians tools
- Ability to work on a construction site
- Courses in Electrical will be considered an asset
- Highly skilled in a Windows Office environment; Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, must be fluent in English
- Good customer service skills with a professional approach
- Ability to manage high work volume and shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Valid BC Driver’s License
QMC would like to thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.