Incorporating utility meters and submetering systems into any project takes planning and good communication. QMC works with developers to achieve the most efficient design, competitive budgeting, on-time deployment and seamless integration of meter systems for new builds or retrofit projects.
what QMC delivers to developers
- Design and budgeting assistance
- LEED certified expertise including NC, CS, CI and EBOM
- Equipment and services for Measurement & Verification (M&V) projects
- Supply of electricity, water, gas and thermal meters all connected to one system
- Support in integration of meter systems from hardware to reporting
- Complete Measurement Canada testing and verification
- Web-based data reporting and analysis through energy management software
- EV charging station meter solution
QMC offers Mechanical Metering Solutions for Commercial, Residential, and Institutional properties.
With QMC’s experience in the industry, we can come into a new build or existing system to provide input on all aspects of a property’s needs.
Managed Meter Service
From project conception, through to completion, experts with QMC’s Managed Meter Service ensure you receive the right solution for your building. This service allows both building management and occupants to receive utility data directly, encouraging energy conservation and the ability to meet sustainability or LEED standards.
Show building occupants how and when they use energy and watch the positive change in consumption habits.
QMC provides information tenants and property managers need through a web-based portal designed for energy profile or real-time data viewing. Share your company’s sustainability goals or LEED & BOMA BESt achievements on our lobby display. The interactive touch screen can also stream live building energy usage, weather, energy saving initiatives and corporate objectives.
- Complete metering system design and project management of both new construction and retrofits
- Supply and installation of electrical, water, gas, and thermal meters by fully bonded, licensed contractors
- Triple commissioning of meter installation to ensure accurate data
- Web-based meter reading and reporting to owners and tenants
- Training, conservation tips and information provided to property management and tenants
- Tenant account set-up, payment process, billing & collections
- Measurement Canada Quality Assurance Program accreditation – Accredited Meter Verifier for electrical
QMC has assisted hundreds of commercial properties with their tenant submetering or revenue metering needs. This includes some of Canada’s largest commercial submetering deployments, including West Edmonton Mall and Metropolis.
Tenant Submetering or Revenue Metering provides extensive benefits to both property managers/owners and tenants, including increased utility usage information, cost allocation and revenue opportunities enabled by state of the art Measurement Canada approved submetering equipment and services. Submetering can play a role in helping achieve sustainability goals through better utility usage information and reporting through to tenant engagement.